Monday, December 6, 2010

The HOT SPOT - Attention all chilli lovers!

The Hot spot is a post to follow if you are a chilli-lover. Whether using jalapeños as the main dish (as popper), or using bird's eye or habanero for additional flavour and spice, chilli's are essential in my kitchen. Chillies play a huge part in my life and ultimately, what would our garden be without some spice?

I have planted a chilli-mix, jalapeños and hot baby peppers from seed. We sowed them at the same time we did the sunflowers and I was bitterly disappointed when the sunflowers snuck out, but no sign from my hot-seedlings. Another week past and yet - nothing. Just before giving up hope, my mother (also a big chilli-fan), told me that chilli-seeds take really long to pop-out. They grow super-slowly, therefore require a lot of patients. So, if you're a chilli-lover or a rookie-planter (such as myself!), don't be de-motivated if your chillies are not growing as quickly as your other plants - they like to take their sweet time!

So, a HOT SPOT post, will be published every-so-often to show progress, if any, as I am still waiting on my hotties :) and to include you on the road of chilli-growing. Recipes and facts about chillies will also be included, so keep your eyes open for the next HOT SPOT.


Jalapeno chillies -
image taken from http://www.greenbarngardens.com/catalog/i68.html

1 comment:

  1. Just work the seeds into very loose soil and don't plant them to deep......don't fuzz over them they will pop out soon enough!

    ReplyDelete